Ingredients: (for 4-5 servings)
- 1-2 large size brinjal (Available Deep Fried Brinjal (AMK /Derana) at Serandib.
- Dried Sprats 250g (AMK or Derana Sprats packets available at Serandib).
- 10 small red
- 5 green chilies
- 1 tsp chillie powder (Wijaya/AMK/ Derana)
- 1 tsp garlic ginger paste
- curry leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbspn vinegar (Available Derana- Natural Coconut Vinger at Serandib)
- 1 tspn turmeric powder
- 1 tspn mustard seeds
- Oil to fry
Slice brinjal length wise, mix with turmeric powder.
Deep fry it until golden brown.
Drain oil & keep aside.
Deep fry the sprats.
Grind mustard seeds & cloves using some vinegar.
Then mix all chili powder, ground mustard seeds, cloves, salt & sugar in vinegar.
The taste of this sauce should be a mix of spicy, sweet & sour taste. Adjust salt accordingly.
Mix fried brinjal with this sauce & keep aside.
Split green chilies length wise.
Don’t slice red onion. However cut into two parts if they are very big.(Anyway in this pictures I have used big onion, but it is more tastier with small red onions)
Heat 1 tbspn oil in a pan.
Once it is hot, add green chilies & onion mix.
Saute few seconds.
Once it is tender, add the mixture of fried brinjal(already mixed with sauce)
Add curry leaves.
Adjust salt if need.
Simmer few minutes & remove from burner.
Serve with Rice & curry.