- 300g plain flour (available at Serandib)
- 100g freshly grated coconut
- 3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Butter for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, coconut, chillies, onion, butter, and salt until everything is well combined.
- Add enough water to create a slightly stiff dough about 180ml should be enough, then on a floured surface knead lightly and divide into six equally sized balls.
- Roll or pat these out into a fairly thin round or oval shapes.
- Warm a frying pan over medium-high heat and add a knob of butter.
- When the fat is fairly hot, fry the roti in batches for three to four minutes a side, until golden.
- Serve at once