- 6 Fish pieces (AMK & Derana brand Sri Lankan Thora/Seer Fish) Available at Serandib
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 small onions
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (Recommend Goviaruna Brands)
- 3 tsp red chilli powder (AMK, Goviaruna and Derana Brands)
- Salt to taste,
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Oil for frying.
- Clean the fish pieces well and keep aside.
- Crush the 1 tsp fennel seeds and keep aside.
- Grind the coconut, pearl onions in to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Put the fish pieces in a bowl, add the coconut paste, crushed fennel seeds, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt, and curry leaves, and mix well.
- Marinate this for 1/2 an hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, put the fish pieces 2 at a time, and keep them in medium flame.
- Add oil on sides and Cover cook for 3-5mins.
- Uncover and turn the fish to the other side, add oil on the sides and cover cook for 3mins
- Remove the lid and roast till golden brown and decorate with cilantro